Friday, December 12, 2008

Ciao Amici!


Hello from Italy.  Clearly I have not had enough time to update my blog and all the happenings here in the Tuscan countryside. A farmer's work is never dome you know!  Really things are great.  I am busy learning new skills and a new language as well.  The maintenance around the farm can be staggering and we know that what was not done today will certainly be there tomorrow.  In addition to household chores, cooking and cleaning, there are chickens, pigs, cows and sheep to tend to.  Everyday presents a new challenge.  It can be weather; lots of rain so far, mechanical problems with the fences or equipment, escaping pigs, birthing mothers, sick animals or basic training of the new staff and volunteers.  My Italian is progressing well and I am quite proud of my ability to tour through Siena or the countryside and speak their language.  I begin to butcher next week and that will present even more challenges, but unparalleled excitement.  Stay tuned.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow! it sounds like you are incredibly busy! what an awesome experience, though!